Thinking Back
I am reflecting now on what happened when I tried to tell W something interesting today. I often make this mistake--I find something interesting, and then I try to tell him about it. Mostly he just shrugs.
Today I tried to tell him about how the US government designed the Denver International Airport to double as an enormous underground command base, in the event of, like, bad stuff happening. To the government. If Nader were elected, for example.
Earnestly, I tried to tell him about all I'd learned. While compulsively surfing the internet at 4am on a weeknight. Lately I haven't been sleeping too well. And by "lately" I mean, SINCE I GOT US THOSE STUPID INTERVIEWS AT UPS. At least his health insurance finally worked out. Now maybe I can force him to go to the doctor. But probably not. Certainly not before there is an emergency with great rivers of blood. Or the health insurance runs out, whichever comes first. I used to drift right off to sleep after taking him to work, but no longer. Now the remaining rat and I sit up all night and fiddle around on the computer, researching The Conspiracy. Poor Zizek. With his buddies gone, he's got so little left to live for...I think at this point he's only doing it for the yogurt.
I said "hey sweetie, guess what? The Denver Airport is a secret government base!" I even showed him this.
The man laughed so hard that he nearly fell out of his chair. And I was like, "no, hey, I'm serious! Don't you think that maybe..." But he didn't.
1 comments:
hey! you have a blog! i feel very silly for not realising this, but i'm enoying the reading. and you update more than i do, because you are a better person.
you did the right thing about taylor's feet.
Post a Comment