And So

"I HATE YOU AND I WANT TO GO OOOOOUUUUT!"-Dmitri, when last seen.
I'm taking a break from math-studying to write this. And by "taking a break" I mean "giving up completely." Does anyone have ANY IDEA how to solve polynomial inequalities? And before ya'll start make those snide comments about how I appear to be retaking highschool algebra, let me just come right out and say that yes, that's true. I barely passed pre-cal the first time, and now they're making me do it again. It seems that failing a math class is a big part of my immutable destiny. So I guess we'll just get that out of the way this time.
This morning W and I decided, amidst our oats, that having a Dmitri living in the parkinglot was an important aspect of our shared immutable destiny. We are worried about him. W's mom says that something is eating the food she sets out, but she hasn't seen Dmitri since we left. It's entirely possible that he's just hiding from her, but maybe not--I really hope that he hasn't gotten lost. I don't want to be sticking pictures of him all over Gresham.
LOST:
small, angry grey cat with red collar & rabies tag
Will not come when called. Does not like to be petted.
No reward. Only guilt.
This afternoon I am going to go on a Dmitri-hunt. W will not come, because they don't like each other and anyway he's tired. I'll be all alone, in the vast suburban wilds. With any luck, I will have captured and safely (for him, anyway) returned the MeeTreat to the well-loved asphalt of his homeland by sometime this evening. Wish me luck.
A side note:
We're keeping Vita. She's just too awesome. Dmitri will be our outside cat, Vita will be the inside cat. It will really be just like having one cat, extant in all places at once. Omnipresent. And thus, no more Dmitri defecating beside my favorite chair. Hurrah.
1 comments:
I really, really hope you find him. I didn't wanna say this, but as soon as W made that comment about his mother probably not being inclined to take Dimitri to the vet, I began thinking that this whole outsourcing the cat was a really bad judgement call. If you can't find him tonight, I'll go looking with you tommorow.
I miss that cat.
--Andrew
Post a Comment