Ahhh...That NewCat Smell

She uses the litterbox. She cuddles. She doesn't yowl. She hasn't eaten Zizek (yet). Vita, dear friends, IS FABULOUS.

That said, I'm getting a little worried about Dmitri. Apparently, after we dropped him off at W's mom's house he disappeared and hasn't been seen since. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't just wander off (not when there's food out for him), but her yappy dogs really did a number when we arrived. Don't like them much. If he has decided to seek greener pastures, I'm sure that whoever he ends up with will see his collar and call the number. As I mentioned, he's been basically living in the parkinglot, so he has a very good understanding of cars and why they should be avoided. But still. I'm worried. And I feel guilty.

W says that this action is "morally neutral." He says this mainly because he and Dmitri enjoyed a level of mutual antagonism and animosity that I thought only existed between cats and dogs. Pigeons and Blue-Jays. Brazilian people and anacondas. Anyway, his reasoning is fairly compelling. It follows:

Dmitri is unhappy--Vita is extremely happy. Thus there is certainly no overall decrease in happiness in the system. There may even be a net gain in happiness since W, his mother, and I are all now happy. But poor Dmitri. *sigh*

3 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

W shouldn't be so utilitarian; that any cat should be made unhappy is a negative moral development.
but...you did what you had to do. you couldn't live with the cat. i only wish that there were someone you could give him to who'd be a little more...involved with him, you know? not leave out food for him. oh, well.
let me know when he turns up.
and i had a good time this weekend. sorry i was so snippy. i'm gonna call you sometime this week and see about coffee.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... blue cross blue shield medical insurance peter north gay medical malpractice queens Quirk subaru order butalbital with no prescription Sharp appliances butalbital no presription eba130087 air cleaners oxycontin butalbital buying butalbital cod Advice craps strategy free online bill of sale

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Corneal edema contact lens Exercise fitness teen Non prescription bextra live poker Motocross suzuki vintage japan phone cards