I Said GodDAMN

...It's hot. It's really very hot here.

The trouble with Portland is that in winter the rain doesn't let up for 40 days and 40 nights. Which means that people long for summer, when the bright sunny sunshine appears, and there is no rain. This yearning leaves them totally unprepared (both physically and mentally) for the
realities of summer. Which include ball-searing heat. Portlanders don't have air conditioning. I encountered this problem in Colorado as well, where people had even less excuse for forgetting how goddamn hot their state gets. Coming from the South, this behavior appears positively uncivilized. No air conditioning? What?

That's right, people. It's hot. It's hotter inside my apartment than outside, but there's nothing to do outside except walk around. Which is an inherently hot activity. Already my jeans have melted to the backs of my unshaven legs, and I'm just sitting here. Complaining.

So, this is my first blog in a while. I'm sure that no one believes I'll really update regularly, and I probably won't. I don't have a great deal to say about the world at this point anyway. Which isn't to imply that I couldn't blather on for a few more post about nothing. If you're interested I could certainly do that. A further note on air conditioning--we have it. In W and my bedroom, that is. Where he is currently sleeping. Which means that I can't go in there and roll around and complain that I'm bored and its too hot to go to sleep. Because he wouldn't like it. He doesn't know this (yet) but today I snuck onto his WebCT and compared our grades on the last exam that we took in the PSY class. I did better than him by a point. HaHA!

I'm not working right now, the TV has been removed for reasons of personal betterment, I have all the time in the world (it seems), and he did ten points better than me on the exam prior to this one. But what the hell. That's
my one point, motherfucker.