Guess What?
There is a four page article about Portland, OR in the New York Times! It can be found here. And there are accompanying pictures!
I suppose that I don't need to tell you guys how intensely, desperately homesick this has made me.
Le sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
:(
oh, so I've (somewhat reluctantly) decided to delay the pacific northwest for three years, too. (decision made!) but don't worry... i plan to spend the rest of my life out there, as soon as i make it out.
then, when you make it back there too, we can visit each other, and it will be fantastic.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have multiple relatives in Boston, so when I'm up there next we can totally arrange to meet up. One of them actually went to Yale, so if you want I could talk to him and possibly do some (very inept) networking for you. Maybe we could take a train to visit ya'll? I've never been to Connecticut! (I also never realized until JUST NOW that it's spelled "connect-ti-cut," which seems a little odd.)
The Pacific Northwest is a great dream. =P We'll hopefully all find ourselves there sometime in our late twenties, marveling at our good fortune and all the rain.
'Marveling' isn't the word I'd use.
That article was good, and got at the city's overall feel a whole lot better than most travel articles you read about Portland. Cool that he hit the East Side. Normally, they're all blah blah Pearl District blah blah Waterfront Park blah blah Pioneer Courthouse Square.
Also, I was wondering after we got off the phone last night if you're still gonna apply to Oregon nursing schools in addition to the Georgia ones. I was looking online, and apparently Oregon Coast College just graduated its first ADN class last year, which means (a) it might be fairly easy to get in, but (b) they would have some pass-rate data published. It's in Newport, too. You'd just be a day's drive away from Portland.
Just a thought.
OOOOOooo! That is a good idea!
They just put a new La Roux on OMGBlog, and it is *amazing*. I like it so much better than the first one. I'm on my 8th listen this evening. Go listen to it so we can compare notes.
I like this song A LOT. See, I knew this chick had potential!
Post a Comment