Breaking News!!
W: Hey, have you heard about that UGA professor that killed somebody?
E: No, when did that happen?
W: Today, I think. Just now.
E: Who'd he kill?
W: His ex-wife and someone else in a theater.
E: What the fuck? People are seriously starting to crack up in this country, dude.
W: Yeah. But a professor?
E: Well, what'd he teach?
W: I don't know, probably business.
E: Oh, snap!
UPDATE: The dude in question is in fact a marketing professor at the business school. W and I, we win at the news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Only three stories about Georgia have been notable enough to make the Portland news since I moved here.
The first was the one about annexing Chattanooga to get to the TN river.
The second was the Sasquatch thing.
And now this.
I'm going to have to start telling people I'm from Alabama.
P.S. This is frustrating but intriguing, and it's about a place that you almost worked. Cool that the Mercury's on our side.
http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/nursing-a-grudge/Content?oid=1333407
Heyyyyy! Very interesting. Good for them! I hope they don't give up. Nursing is an occupation that MUST be unionized.
And you know, the saddest thing about it is that I almost cried when I saw that their started wage is $11.50/hr. And did you notice that they specifically mention the day shift getting only 5 people up? According to the jobs I've applied for lately, that $8.75 I was making at The Oaks to give horrible, seat-of-my-pants care to 12+ patients was a good deal.
I am beginning to despair.
Oh, also, speaking of That Soul-Crushing Failure From Which I Must Be Distracted, did you by any chance receive a call from pug people?
Post a Comment