FosterMonster: We Reach Maximum Capacity

So, this morning at 8:30am, Lucy came to stay with us. She is very, very obese, and she's also kind of a muppet. She runsrunsruns, then she collapses in a giant pugheap and falls asleep. She's the Gene Simmons of pugs, W says, with her tongue hanging about a foot out of her mouth at all times. While I think that the Gene Simmons comparison is particularly unkind, I do feel that Lucy is kind of a rock star. Even Beauregaard likes her--when she charges around panting, he gets all excited. She's totally awesome.

So far this morning she's spent her time alternately asleep with her tongue touching the floor and trying to stuff herself underneath our dresser to dig out a piece of Beauregaard's food that got knocked under there several months ago.

Mojo is leaving for Vermont tomorrow, so our 3 pug overlap is for a limited time only, but I feel a little bad for bringing another pug in while he's still here. Mo is very insecure...probably because I'm always yelling at him about peeing in the garage/running through my vegetable garden/jumping up on me with muddy paws/chasing the cats/etc., etc. Actually, although being in trouble virtually ALL THE TIME does seem to upset him, I think that his main problem is that he's a very sweet, needy little guy who can't seem to find his place in the world. He needs his own people. Beauregaard no longer expends very much energy growling at him, but he does still hate his guts. He actually managed to bite him in the face yesterday, which was something of a Beauretriumpth. He's been trying to bite Mojo in the face for more than a week now.

Wish Mojo the best of luck in Vermont! May he find someone who can housetrain him!

2 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

The saga continues.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/digging-up-dirt/Content?oid=1380377

New dog sounds delightful. I really wish I could have gotten to meet Mojo, even though I'd probably have shaken him dead like a baby if he had peed in my home. Bravo on your comparative self-restraint.

Andrew

The E said...

I did...erm...pick hip up by his scruff once. Which W tells me you're not supposed to do to dogs. But I was totally justified!