Post Pug Inspection

So, the pug people came and went. They seemed unimpressed by the live electrical wire curtains that I put up, and shrugged off my poisoned dog treats decorating scheme. So we'll see--I may get a foster pug. Which may turn out to be a terrible mistake. But that's the beauty of a foster situation! If the foster pug really sucks, you can give it back to them, because you were just being nice and it isn't your damn dog anyway! I keep dwelling on the possibility that the foster pug will turn out to be the sweet, devoted little lady pug of my dreams--that I'll totally fall in love with her and be heartbroken when she is understandably snatched up by some deserving family--but the more realistic scenario is that we will get stuck with an awful, practically adoptable animal which we (and yes, W, I mean I, ME, SINGULAR RESPONSIBLE PARTY) will feel sorry for and thus put up with long enough for it to destroy the house and cause my father to throw us all out into the street. The lady that came by today is herself fostering a Chihuahua/Pug mix that bites and craps in the house. But oh well! I'll just press merrily on, half-cocked as usual. You never know, right? It might be fun!

In other news...well, there is no other news. The garden is doing fine, despite my frequent fussing. My mother's plants (which are several weeks older, probably get more sun than mine, and are living in 400 lbs of miracle grow, etc.) are much bigger and stronger-looking than mine, so this has been causing me some anxiety. Will they fruit/vegetate? Did I do something wrong? Have I stunted the poor, helpless little plants entrusted to my care by home depot? W says that he might once again do battle with the FREAKING PREHISTORIC LAVA underlying our backyard in order to extend the garden a few feet in a sunny corner, so that I have a bit more room to plant a few extra cucumbers and some beans. I'm also attempting to sprout an herb garden in jiffy pots, but I don't really believe that it's going to work. I still haven't completely bought into this whole "seeds" idea. We'll see if they actually sprout...then I might have to concede the argument to mother nature.

Oh, wait, actually! There is some news. Mom got 2 new kittens. They are both male, about 8 weeks old. One is a smoke/black tabby, and the other is a regular gray tabby (kind of a soft silvery color, with a creamy tummy!). They don't have names yet. I'm personally pushing for "Jasper" (the black one) and "Caelyx" (for the gray one). My mother has rejected these names, in favor of "K1" and "K2." Do ya'll have any suggestions? Because if YOU tell her that "K1" and "K2" are sucky cat names, maybe she'll listen.

0 comments: