In This I Excel

I was supposed to go with Mom and Ken today to visit a greenhouse in Washington County, but instead I have been left at home to kittensit. Partly this is because I was not exactly raring to go at 7am this morning. Additionally, when given the choice of kittens or plants, I can reliably be counted upon to select kittens. I like to think of myself as a Kitten Socialization Specialist--I let them scratch and bite me, and they eventually become so comfortable taking advantage of my poor bleeding hands that they deign to sleep on the bed with me and purr when I snuggle them. Which is what they're doing right now. It's adorable, cat scratch fever be damned. We (Caelyx, Jasper, and I...as far as I'm concerned these are their names because my mother has proven herself to be completely inadequate to the task) are at this moment laying in bed watching television on the huge flat-screen. Which I'm sure is as much a treat for them as it is for me. I'm planning to take a nap, and later I might go outside and do a little weeding/sabotage of my mother's garden. A pretty relaxing day, if I do say so myself.

This morning I got an email from Lanier Tech about the courses that they're willing to transfer, which told me basically what I expected to hear. Depending on their timeline for A&P classes, I may only have 2 health sciences courses and 1 biology course (damn micro!) to take over the summer. I'll have to ask my advisior about it at registration, I suppose. And hey, somebody remind me to find out how I'm supposed to register for the NLN-PN? Because I've got to get on that, too. It occurred to me yesterday that I have now, as of May-almost-June, wasted AN ENTIRE YEAR without really accomplishing anything toward the goal of getting some type of nursing degree. Which, holy crap. That went by fast. I'm pretending that I spent June 2008 to June 2009 backpacking through Europe and writing my memoirs. Somebody ask me about my summer in Prague! Seriously, I can tell you exactly how fantastic I imagine it would have been.

Ah, well. Water under the bridge. I suppose I'll go back to treading it now.

2 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

If you could handle chemistry, I bet you microbiology will be a breeze.

You know, you've spent the last year racking up CNA hours and taking a chemistry "refresher" course. So really, you have been taking some positive steps toward Nurse-hood.

Plus which you haven't just broken your second digital camera in less than a year. Nor do you have to you have to share your bathroom with a massive colony of spearamint-immune ants. And you've got a really nice nose! Really, you have one of the most subtley charming noses of anyone I know. I'm being funny, but I also mean that.

So don't be so down on yourself.

Finally, because I wasn't emphatic enough about this the first time: that Lilly Allen video is TREMENDOUS. Can we please go shopping for spangly jumpsuits when I get home? And get you some press-on nails and curl your hair? Just for an afternoon? We could do a small photo shoot. OH, WAIT. They'll have to be imaginary photos, because my digital camera is damaged beyond repair.

Ok. Clearly, I'm not ready to talk about this yet. Time for another beer.

The Wayward E said...

Oh, dearest Andrew. What happened to your camera?