On A Painted Portrait I'm Still Life
GODDAMN, ya'll. I'm listening to Jump, Little Children (thanks, Legacy of Martina) and man, do I feel better.
The guy at Stuff--that's the store I now work at, btw--called this afternoon and told me that they wanted to hire me. I was psyched, despite my sleeping-pill haze. What had me so worked up about not getting this job (heh. the one I just got) was that I thought my interview had gone so well. I was sitting at home, not getting a call, and thinking "SHIT. I clearly have NO IDEA how much I suck. And that is a problem."
And Andrew, guess what? The real owners of Tucker (that puppy we visited) saw a flyer and called yesterday! Turns out that they left for a trip and expected someone to watch their new puppy. Someone who showed up late, after the puppy had already dug himself out under the fence. This person thought that they must have meant they were getting a puppy, not that they already had a puppy, and took care of the other animals for the 2 weeks that the couple was gone. When they got back, Tucker was gone and they started looking. Now they've found him! Isn't that neat? He gets to go home with some really excited people, and we don't have to feel guilty for not making him a part of the persistent nightmare that is Vitas' life.
Things are looking up, I tell you.
Now all I have to do is not get fired from this job. But this time I won't have to remember nasty, dull people's particularities about their tasteless food. The guys at Stuff seem really cool, and their schedule is flexible. I told them that I'll be out of town for Thanks, and again in April for my wedding, and they hired me anyway! I'm all set!
Speaking of my wedding, I just found my dress. Somehow, I was certain that if I just kept looking I would find the perfect, PERFECT thing. And I finally did. At goodwill, which is where all the really spectacular, surprising things come from. Just hanging up, mashed in between denim jumpers and floral-print pantsuits. What's too bad about all this is that I kept panicking. You know. Every time I looked and found a very nice dress, I thought that maybe this one was it, and if I didn't buy it I would never find anything better. So now I've got, um...3? wedding dresses. Well, only one REAL wedding dress. There is another pretty white one that I may change into after the ceremony, so that I can be a little less poofy for the reception.
My real wedding dress has a TRAIN, people. A kickass train. I know, I know, you guys are getting a little scared for me. But I promise, when you see it you will understand.
Did I mention that W and I have decided to do the ceremony at the reception site? It'll be a quick, rather unceremonious thing, but it will happen down by the lake, in front of all the people we love. With the exception of my Dad's collegues. Nobody loves them. He actively hates them. But, you know. He bought their kids' wedding presents.
Dr. Pitts is very sick man.
*sigh*
Okay, so!
Tomorrow at 3:30 I am going down to Stuff to do all my paperwork. After that Mandrew, do you want to do something? We could watch LFN, or go to another movie, or walk around, or whatever? Call me, dude. I will totally pick you up.
12 comments:
Right. So I may have gone a little overboard with the comments on that last post. I mean, Liz Phair and Cloe Sevigny look about as much alike as PostModernism and I do.
Congratulations on getting the job, though!
And um...I'd like to hang out tonight, but mostly I'd just like to buy my plane ticket tonight. Is that cool? Will you call me when you get back from filling out your paperwork? I can just walk over; it's not a big deal.
And then you can tell me all about how awesome the job's going to be.
--Andrew
P.S. I'm glad Tucker's got a home, now.
It'd make more sense to give him spawn that was relaetd to him. So yours is fine, but I'm afraid mine won't cut it. We could implant one of my eggs into Andrew, as he is your brother. He'd look so pretty pregnant. And maternity leave, though short, is nice.
That should be related. It's late, and I've been holding reptiles.
hey!
i'm so glad life has become happy. ...and i totally knew you would get that job...congratulations! you will rock at it and stay there until you are ready to leave.
also, thank you for getting the plane ticket with andrew. i worried it would never happen and that would be awful. :)
let me know if you want me to check out any restaurants or make reservations or anything.
and why is andrew pregnant?
oh! ALSO! congratulations about the dress! i bet you look beautiful!
::ahem::
Andrew can handle getting the plane ticket by himself just fine. He didn't need Emily to force him; just her credit card. Way to trust me to take care of my shit, ASHLEY.
--Andrew
yep, it is the book by barbara ehrenreich. i'll try to find the book you recommended; "nickle and dimed" is incredible. you should take a look at that one.
They just came out with the list of most dangerous cities in the country for this year.
Guess which one was number one?
That's right; we're moving to Mo-Town, baby.
Aww, yeah.
Portland, in case you were curious, is actually safer than Portland, Maine. Which has maybe 5 people. Apparently they're a very violent little group.
--Andrew
As a matter of fact, CAM, Portland Maine has 6 people; 4 are paranoid schizophrenics with violent tendancies; 2 are schizophrenics with martyrdom complexes. The PSVT's fight with each other over who gets to beat up the SMC's.
Just thought you'd want to know.
I happen to think you look a lot like Postmodernism and I do.
yay for you getting a job. when are you going to be in town for thanksgiving, leigh says you need to give her a call and let her kno. Sounds like things are goin well.
Post a Comment