The Worst Girlfriend Ever
So, I'm starting this post off with my new record. I think that it may even be a WORLD record, but such things are difficult to verify. Here it is.
# of times I have woken W up in a 6 hour period: 19
Wow, right? You're impressed, right? And the last couple of times, I woke him up by licking him. Not in a very fun way, if that's what you're guessing. Think terrier, not penthouse. So yeah. And guess what? He JUST got mad.
Like, seriously, just now. Do I have a great boyfriend or what?! If I could ever stop pestering him, I think that we would be incredibly happy together.
I'm off to look for work tomorrow. Turns out Powells is hiring, so W is going to come look for work too. Powells, for those non-Portland bound, is quite possibly the greatest bookstore in existence. It is indeed a "City of Books." And most of them are very affordably priced. Beyond the prices, this store has a truly incredible selection. Powells is the only bookstore that W can really shop in--they have the largest theory section he's found. And we all know how that man loves his theory. I'm not sure if W being employed at Powells is a very good idea--they'll be handing him his check right in the store. Hmm...
W: Well, I was going to buy books with the money anyway, right?
E: But sweetie! The puppy fund!
W: I think we should wait! We already have a cat.
E: I know, she isn't very nice!
W: But. But theory? Theory!
Vitas has been having a rough week. I have no fucking clue why. I think she's unhappy with her food or something. We bought the cheap "Oprah's Diet Plan" kitty food for her this week. SHAME. Something is negatively affecting her mood, I tell you what. For example, the other day Andrew stuck her up on top of the bookshelf. And then, when I reached up to take her down, she scratched the hell out of me! And then SHE pouted for the rest of the day!
Actually, Andrew, don't put the fucking cat up on the bookshelf anymore.
There, that settles it.
If I don't get a job at Powells (hope hope!) I shall try for some seasonal retail whoredom. Why do I suddenly have time to make cash money, you ask? Because I dropped out of anatomy, that's why!
Turns out that I have nearly enough credits to get a BA (in Liberal Studies, no less) in a year or so, and I can basically take anything I want. JOY! No more upper division science classes for a while! My new plan is to get the BA, which will actually help me get into nursing school, and then take A&P at Mt. Hood. After which, I will apply directly to the Mt. Hood nursing program, and get my ADN. I will pass the RN exam, and begin my luxurious career in modern medicine!
This change in direction will set me back about a year and a half, as far as applying to nursing school goes. It will, however, help a great deal with my stress level. I need absolutely stellar grades in A&P if I'm going to make it into nursing school at all, and already having the BA will take some of the pressure off. No matter how many times I have to re-take Anatomy and Physiology, I will still be a college graduate!
(Did I mention that the class average on our first A&P exam was a 63%? The Pre-med kids are freaking out. That exam was 20% of our grade in the class, and Odonaughy doesn't curve. At all. She is apparently trying to make a statement about grade inflation. Which is pretty cruel, considering that almost no one takes this class who doesn't desperately need it for some application or other. At least 3 girls trying to get into dental school were crying when she handed back our grades.
Everyone else was going for her eyes.
The test was absolutely absurd--people who studied for hours and hours failed miserably. So you can all just imagine how well I did. Rather than factual questions about the information on the 450 slides she presented, she instead asked complex 18-part uber-queries about cell chemistry, and expected a really involved conceptual understanding of tissue composition, etc. Many of the questions were very poorly worded and ambiguous, and at least 2 needed to be removed. The person with the highest score was a returning student with a Masters in chemistry, who was taking the class for fun. And she didn't do that well.
Odonaughy's response to the great gnashing of teeth was that we were all idiots who hadn't actually studied. Oh, she hadn't told us WHAT to study? Oh, her test was crap? Yeah, well, anatomy is hard. Deal with it. On the one hand, I admire her candor. On the other hand, fuck off.)
4 comments:
Okay, we need to visit Powell's when I come. Especially if you work there. Do you feel like a kid when you use "especially"? It just seems incorrect. Is there a better word to take its place?
I'm sorry you dropped A&P, but that teacher is a total bitch. She's got to get a clue when a Master's student in Chemistry doesn't do well. What an idiot. You sound much better off without her, and I really like your new academic plan! Sometimes I wish I could drop music and get a BA in Liberal Studies.
And Andrew, don't put the fucking cat up on the bookshelf anymore. If I have to battle that cat's allergens and fucking psycho claw attacks, I will not be happy.
Yeah. Seriously, that Vitas is getting meaner every day. GOOD THING YOU'RE COMING HERE SO SOON!!! *beams*
Awesome! I'm definitely there for New Years, and my dates include W's birthday, so great! I don't have anything finalized yet since I'm working on getting a plane ticket, but if I fly, it'll be something like the 28th to the 5th or 6th. If it's by bus, I'll get there the afternoon of the 29th and leave the midnight (haha) of the 5th. Come on airplane!
Dude. Although I'm usually the first person to encourage my science-major friends to stick with their tough classes, I think you made a good call here. That teacher sounds like a nightmare.
Seriously, Petsmart. It encourages both the puppy and the money job. And employees get a fifteen percent discount.
Speaking of...the 19 times in 6 hours...is this some sort of strategy to convince W that you need something else to play with. Clever.
Post a Comment