Apply Pressure

So, W has recently made mention of this new plan of his, this very writerly effort that I know will please us all immensely.

HE SAID HE WOULD UPDATE HIS BLOG.

And not just once, but "regularly." Perhaps even "every day." For someone who both is and is not a fantastic writer (he's amazing! when he writes!), this is a huge step. A huge step YET UNTAKEN.

A few days ago I walked into the computer room and was promptly shooed away. My man was working on a blog post! I was so excited, I didn't bother him again for nearly 20 minutes! But my hurculean attempt at quiet has yielded no results. I just checked, and that bitch has NOT updated.

So here's what we're gonna do.

We are going to pressure him. The application of peer-FORCE must be substantial to have any effect, so I'm asking quite a lot of you all. Comment on his blog and complain. Bitch and moan. I know we can do it. I've got the home-front blackmail covered: if he doesn't pony up with these regular postings, I'm going to *stick some pictures of him up here that he does not like. I like them, I think they're great! And I'm pretty sure that you guys will like them too! But W, he won't be happy.

DO YOU HEAR THAT SWEETIE!? Not happy. You can't keep taunting us all like this. It's cruel.

Everyone wish me luck on my anatomy quiz today. Anybody got an...axial skeleton? Anybody? Also, what do ya'll think about my posting a story or some poems up here? Maybe we could work on something together? Like, all of us take the same theme (a sentence, color, blah something?) and write a little bit? I know that these are all personal blogs, but frankly I'm sensing some ambivalence about what to put on them. I know that I haven't had much to say about my life lately...Sea, you're exempt from any writing as you are awesome and currently THE BUSIEST PERSON I KNOW. Sheesh. You're more than welcome to participate if you want, and kick my ass. As per usual. Let me know what everyone thinks about this idea. If you guys are too busy then no problem, I just thought that it might be fun. We can do it over the summer maybe.

Bah. I came specifically to the Math Computer Lab to DO MY MATH LAB, and now I've spent 20 minutes DOING THIS. Quell dedication to duty, right?

*Heh. No I won't. Because I'd get in trouble. But seriously, please?

9 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

You know, I've found I write most when there's something more important to do. Erin has observed this phenomenon as well.
So the math lab thing makes perfect sense. All of my posts for the month of July were written in the Sociology Lab, in fact.

Cool if W wants to update, but don't be mean about it. If he comes to associate blogging with your expectations, it will no longer be fun.

That being said, he's a very good writer, and he's a very different writer from us, making it really refreshing and fulfilling to read his stuff, so I suppose a small amount of pressure couldn't hurt.

THAT being said, he's a much better writer than I am, making it a little soul-killing to read his stuff. So don't apply too much pressure.

Coffee would be nice. I'll call you around 5 or so, as I cannot text.

--Andrew

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy it, but fuck I'm busy. It'd be nice to devote time to something that has absolutely nothing to do with my usual work, though. Let's do it.

As for W's blog, where is it? I keep hearing he's a great writer, but I've never read a thing. I need to verify that claim! I'm not a great writer, but dammit, I can recognize it. Missing you and Andrew...and W? Also feeling much more apprehensive about taking a Greyhound out to Portland this Christmas. Everyone thinks to seem I'm crazy, but I think I'm quite sane. We'll see after 60 hours each way.

Anonymous said...

Mumf.

Card 'em good. Like 'em.

He's reading Absalom Absalom to me out loud. If you ever forget what the weather is like here, the first page will bring it back. Had to go turn on the AC.

Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah -- and Andrew's right (the Greatererest)

oneifbyland said...

i think that you should all do e's idea. i'd try really hard to do one or two! and w could do them too...then we'd all get to read his writing but he wouldn't have to update his blog (the lack of updates of which i understand but cannot condone). despite being busier than sin, i have no idea--ever--what to write about.
anyway. what i'm trying to say is that writing makes you cool and good luck on your quiz.

Anonymous said...

I meant to comment here earlier, but my internet was doing strange things as far as re-directing me off of some sites. It would take me from here to the UGA library homepage. I'm not quite sure what it was trying to say, but I've told the bastard to stop.

Anyway, I think a writing thing would be good. Or at least you posting a story. It's been a long time since I've seen anything of yours.

And you're totally not pulling your weight as far as getting him to update. It's been almost a week. Set him on fire or something.

Anonymous said...

Well thanks! :) It's pitiful, but I have trouble believing you or anyone else when they tell me things like that, though. I just can't. I'll work on it. Anyway, Joe.My.God is my second favorite blog (after yours), but dammit! He updates! *grrrrr* I've been reading it for a while, and when I first took the link from your page, I spent a few hours reading everything he had ever posted. Creepy-gay-stalker-who -didn't-know-he-was-gay-at-the-time?

oneifbyland said...

OKAY OKAY OKAY!!! call me! i will buy us both tickets! (james is coming too, i think. is that ok? and yea, that's him in my facebook picture. his hair is kind of long in that picture, but yes. that's him. now you have to tell me he's super cute :)

The Wayward E said...

Okay, ok. Pretty cute. Remember, I've got my own man (to glare over my shoulder as I write this). And hey, what day is the concert? Hell, you probably won't read this comment. I'll just ask you when I call.