The Question
Is it possible to smile in such a way as to conceal the fact that you are missing 3-4 of your bottom front teeth, on the left side?
This has been a strange, terrible weekend. I've made some bad decisions. And now my teeth are loose. I think I've been grinding them in my sleep. Anyway, they're definitely loose. I'm sure of it. Mostly the ones in the front, but probably all of them. I have spent the past few days lying on the couch and refusing meaningful sustenance. Last night I said no to ramen noodles in my cup of beef bullion. NO CHEWING. Slurping creates pressure. Only water and cubes of salty meat-essence. Hey, also, I feel kinda sick.
Yesterday I struggled into a sitting position and asked W again if he really thought that my teeth would "tighten back up."
W: Yes, of course. They look fine.
E: BUT THEY'RE LOOSE!
W: Sweetie, your teeth are fine. Why are you shouting? Do you want to watch another movie?
E: NO. You...you wiggle them. They wiggle!
I yanked down my bottom lip. He reached out and touched my teeth. At which point I screamed and shot backwards off the couch. Because if he can wiggle my teeth, then THEY'RE STILL WIGGLING. And if they wiggle then they won't tighten back down. My teeth will burst out of my head, weeks from now. Stuck in a freaking orange starburst or something.
E: Nooooooo! Don't DO THAT!
W: Okay...
E: They really are loose!
No good can come of this. I think that maybe I should go see a dentist. And Sea, you had better update with details. Don't make me facebook-slap you. CONGRATULATIONS!! Now, what the fuck happened?
4 comments:
Um, YES you should go see a dentist! They can fix that, and if they do need to be pulled (God forbid), they can fix that too. I'm sorry, though. :( Just think of you, W, me, and Andrew-the-greater (though lesser in this sentence) together at Christmas time.
Hi Em. How's Oregan? ...Besides the wiggling teeth?
...Btw, when's your wedding???
-Nina
My bottom teeth feel loose sometimes, too. But if it goes on for too much longer, I would go see a dentist. Not that you need to be told that.
I hope you're feeling better. If not, you know I'm always here if you need someone to gripe to.
And this goes without saying, but even if you end up a toothless freak, you're still the only person I want to harrass.
Hey Nina!
Oregon, as always, is calmly rocking out. It's all about being cool in the NW. Which means that I often feel out of place. =) Are you still at Emory? How's things?
Also, do you know that Lisa is going out with JOHN?! I was scandalized.
The wedding is on April 14th, 2007. Actually, the reception is on that date. We're probably going to do an immediate-family only ceremony the day before or something.
And you guys, I have so totally made a dentist appointment. Mostly because my decision to NEVER EAT SOLID FOOD AGAIN was beginning to annoy W. Just a little.
He was all like, "Wtf? Not even donuts?"
Post a Comment