Kicking My Own Ass

Unemployment has got me doing crazy things. Like washing and folding (and subsequently piling on the floor) all of our clothes. Apparently we have way too many clothes. It seems that this is the first time they've all been clean at once.

Hmm.

This situation has caused me to gravely regret my habit of purchasing new white work shirts from Goodwill (only $3!) each time the one I was wearing became inexcusable. That was bad. Now I've got so many t-shirts stuffed into the dresser that it won't open anymore. At all.

I don't think W will be pleased with this.

Other things that I have acomplished during my unoccupied nighttime:

1. Stuck a *shiny blue 80s party dress (fully besequined) to the wall in the library. With pins.

2. Removed said dress from the wall. Everything else in the room is brown and green. Earthy. Not in any way compatible with an extremely blue, shiny, ruffley thing covered in sequins. Also, what the hell was I thinking?

3. DID NOT HAMMER ANYTHING. **Not like last night.

4. Woke up the cat because I was lonely.

5. Reorganized all the closets.

6. Realized that W had, inexplicably, been storing ***books in the hallway linen closet.

7. Moved all those books, stacked so neatly on the shelves next to the extra sheets (seriously, wtf) into the library.

8. Discovered that despite our recent purchase of two large new bookshelves, we still have too many books. (This was incredibly disappointing. The idea of shelf space in this house had seemed like an impossible dream, but with concerted effort we thought that we had finally solved the problem. New shelves! No more books stacked on the floor! Alas.)

9. Began running through the exhaustive mental list of where another set of shelves wouldn't fit in our apartment.

10. Stacked books on the floor. (At least now they're on the floor of the library, and not the livingroom. That's got to count for something.)

In other news, I love my guitar. Here it is. So gorgeous! And hey, I just discovered while searching for that picture that this guitar retails for $1,300.00--I paid less than half that much. Wow. If anybody is out there planning to visit Portland and looking for a new guitar, let me know. I'm taking you straight to AppleMusic. They're awesome.

Mine has a really different tone than W's guitar, much deeper and more bluesy. I LOVE IT. This and my bass are the only two musical instruments that I've ever chosen for myself. W's has lately been practicing Beethoven on his shredder. I don't want to brag, but he's fucking fantastic. And he's sure that he isn't. Which is just so great.

I've got the guitar. I've got the talented, brooding, fatally attractive boyfriend. I already live in the northwest.

Now all I need is cooler hair.

(PS: I'm not sure if ya'll are aware, but I'm horribly shy. So there will be no playing guitar and singing in front of strangers. Ever. This is my hobby. I still can't barely play and sing while W is in the house. Andrew has heard me. It is enough.)



*Yes, I had originally intended to wear this Goodwill abomination. No, I don't feel that way about it anymore.

**Sorry, new neighbors. I forgot that you weren't the trust-funded, spray-painting, white-boy-rapping, unholy-noise-making freaks that used to live there. YOU AREN'T THEM. Got it. Terribly sorry.

***WHY?!? Linens?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the talented, brooding, fatally attractive boyfriend doesn't read this, because then he might turn into the talented, brooding, fatally attractive, pissed off fiancé. Or does he not get touchy about that kind of thing? Anyway, those guitars are sweet! Have you thought of stacking the books on top of the bookcases, or are they the floor to ceiling bookcases?

The Wayward E said...

Nah, Dubya's cool. He doesn't, you know, take me seriously.

And yep, I totally thought of that. Shelf-space will remain an unattainable goal for us, I suspect.