Noooooo!
Oh my God I just realized something horrible. Andrew, aren't you and W and I all going back to GA for Thanksgiving? W and I are staying up in P-Town for Christmas, and the deal with my parents was that we'd come for Thanks.
FUCK.
Dammit! My mom has already bought our tickets. I was just telling W about how awesome BNL concerts with Erin are (my first, my only), and he said...
Oh, this is awful.
Erin, if you go home for Thanks I'll be able to see you! But there's no way I can get out of this. My mom is having the big dinner on Friday or Saturday at her house (Thursday we've agreed to go see my Dad's family). Do you want to come? You're totally invited. I got your email, and except for the polkas, I'm so with you. I'm working on my reply now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You shouldn't get so nervous when I talk about leaving. I'm talking about the distant future. We've been over this. I'm not sure how to make it any clearer. : P
You're going to leave too, right? And I bet you 1000 dollars that you do so before I do, meaning that *I* will be the one left all alone with the Portland's filthy, angry populace.
So calm down. I don't even begin to entertain thoughts about making big decisions (like moving) without consulting you until we're both blue in the face from talking. You know this.
Are you still feeling sick? How are your teeth? I was going to call you yesterday, but I then I realized that I have no idea when you are awake. I think I'm going to call you today and risk waking you from your sickly slumber, though. I've things to discuss with you. Like Thanksgiving. And Thanksgiving.
It's all good. The India trip that was supposed to be happening last summer might be happening next summer. And India would be awesome, especially if I could swing Thailand in the same trip. But anyway, money might start being tight again.
It won't be the same, though. They're actually coming to Atlanta (the announced the last round of dates after I sent your e-mail), and I got two fourth-row center seats, but I don't have anyone to go with yet.
And that's awesome that you're coming here. Hopefully my family isn't going anywhere, but I might be able to swing staying even if they are, because this is a busy semester and my parents are terribly aware of that (I haven't really been home for more than 36 hours since I left for Austria). So staying in town should be ok.
And don't knock the polkas. They're the epitome of coolness.
YAY! Erin must stay in town for Thanks. Then she must accompany myself and W and Mandrew to my mother's house. The big get-together is either Friday or Saturday (probably Friday) after Thanks. W and I are flying in early Wednesday that week and flying out again on Sunday. We're committed to spending the actual DAY OF THANKS (Thursday, I just discovered) with my dad, but other than that we're cool.
ANDREW: mom is serious. You've got to come home. She really misses you. You are still planning on coming home for Thanks, aren't you? You're expected. And have I mentioned that people are expecting you?
Oh, hey, do you wanna do something tomorrow?
Post a Comment