HEY YOU GUYS!

Hey you guys, the Gobi is coming! That's right people, Lesser Andrew is making his way up to P-town this Christmas! It's fantastic! As much as I'd like to, I think that if I bounce right now it will severely upset the rat on my shoulder. He got a bath yesterday, so he's feeling a little fragile.

*bounces inwardly*

I'm going to take him EVERYWHERE. Ya'll know how I was complaining the other day about my life being boring? This is one of the two things that can alleviate those icky feelings! Visitors, and a valid ID stating that I'm 21 years old. I'm compiling a list of fun things to do, and I'm hoping that Andrew and Sea can help me. Sea especially, since you just visited. What worked? What didn't? What made you cringe just a little (besides meeting W's ex and sending me into a frothing apoplectic fit)? Should we try to see a show?

Here's my list, so far. Please comment with suggestions, beloved fellows.
1. Portland Art Museum
2. Zoo
3. Amtrack to Seattle
4. see a play/symphony/drag show/band
5. see the Chinese Gardens in Oldtown
6. see the Japanese & Rose Gardens in Washington Park (hmm...Christmas time? Maybe this one is no good...)
7. Drink beer
8. Play with my vermin?

You see, I need help here people. I lead a fairly sheltered existence. Let's try to think of exciting, adventurous things to do. Oooo, I've got one.

9. Skydiving

Before anybody comments, yes, I know that I'm afraid of heights. That's why it will be so adventurous! See the logic? Anyway, it's only a suggestion. I want to hear yours.

In other news, I am looking for a job. I was planning to take CNA (certified nursing assistant) courses and get licensed, but I think that might be better planned for next summer. I'll need to do it sometime before I apply to nursing school, anyway. It'll really help my chances. While patrolling Craigslist, I found several spectacular apartments in our price range (we're what you call a "low-income family"), all of which have move in dates at least 2 months before our lease is up here. So no-go. Suck.

I really hate looking for jobs. It always makes me feel so...unqualified. Because that's what I am to them (those evil personnel bastards): a thoroughly unqualified applicant. A schmoe off the street. You know those ads that say "pay DOE?" Yeah, well those mean "really great salary, unless you're Unqualified E--then we plan to literally throw peanuts at you during our lunch hour." Which could be fun, I guess. I like nuts. My point, I suppose, is that I'm concerned that I will not be able to get a job. Regardless of the fact that I am very personable and have never had any trouble finding employment in the past. My insecurity is acting up. I need an aspirin. It'll pass.

AS SOON AS I GET A JOB.

Mills, you mentioned that you can assist me in this?

Oh, and I may have bought a wedding dress. Ya'll will never guess what color it is. For reasons of TopSecretSuperCheapWedding Security, I shall not post the pictures of that particular dress online.

Ma, I'll send them to you. Now stop harassing my voicemail.

I've also bought a dress to wear to W's sister's wedding, which is slinky and fabulous. I will post pictures of that soon. My evil plan is to be the mad-sexy almost-21 year old slinking fabulously in the back of every picture. Updates on this later. She arrives sometime tomorrow. I think that we're going to meet her at the airport with W's mom, but I'm not sure about this yet. I guess it will depend on how much sleep he gets between now and then. She and her man Mike will be gettin' hitched on July 2, and it promises to be a very pretty ceremony. You know, harps and stuff. I wonder what we should get them for a wedding present? All I can think of are various kitchen appliances, but I suppose they'll be receiving those from their more financially secure friends and relatives. Which is probably for the best. I don't know if I could be in the same room with a mixer that wasn't mine, without bursting into tears.

W has to wear a tuxedo. I'm going to take lots of pictures, because I am certain that this is the only time I'll ever see him in one. Until he wins his Nobel Prize for Literature...they probably make you dress up like a penguin for that. Crazy Sweeds.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will just look uncomfortable, feel awkward and wonder why on earth this came to be considered required fancy-dress wear for men. If he thinks about it at all, he will perhaps be grateful that he's not being expected to wear a top hat and tails, which was all the rage after haliwud made a bunch of B&W movies in which everyone was living in Vanderbuiltish mansions and spending all their time at fancy dress balls. The ladies did indeed slink about with flowy dresses. They also walked funny. something to do with leading with their shoulders-- analogous to what happens with pigeons' heads when they walk.

Anonymous said...

As much as I hate admitting it, I really do enjoy working at Petsmart. And they pay well. And you get to play with the dogs!

It'd be worth looking in to.

The Wayward E said...

W says:

"Hey, I would like a top-hat. Are you kidding me? I almost bought a top-hat once."

See why I love him?

(And he tells me when I need to add a hyphen, like in "top-hat")

(Wait: now he's telling me that he doesn't know if you're really supposed to have a hyphen in top-hat, he just likes it better that way. So, dubious advice. But much love.)

Anonymous said...

If you're serious about skydiving (and if I have the money), I'd LOVE to go. However, I don't want a stream of fear-pee free-falling beside me b/c you're too afraid of heights. Actually, heights scare the shit out of me, but I've always wanted to skydive. Crazy?

The Wayward E said...

Bitch, I NEVER pee out of fear.

Anonymous said...

Top-hat? Tophat?
Top Hat?

Now I can't sleep.

shit.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »