Carni-love
On Saturday night I finally managed to drag W and Andrew to the carnival. Well, I didn't actually have to drag W--it was his idea. AND A TOTALLY GREAT ONE! Andrew, yes, we had to drag. He bitched and moaned.
But ya'll should have seen him on the ferris wheel.
W: ...
Andrew: STOP ROCKING THE BUCKET!
W: ?
Andrew: WHAAA!
Before the carnival we (W and myself) went to Powells to look for publishing books. You know, those ones that tell you how to publish, give the names and addresses of journals, etc. He's going to start sending his stories away soon. For those of you who didn't know, W is a fantastic writer. If you're all really, really nice, he may let me post an excerpt of something on this site. We didn't find the book that he wanted at Powells, but we did get some good ideas. Onward, to fame and fortune!
At the carnival we ate snowcones and saw enormous snakes. We ripped cotton candy to shreds and trampled small children. Then we headed home, past the Navy boats (docked for fleet week). Goodbye, fleet!
After that, came the pizza and beer. Andrew fell asleep during my favorite movie in the world. But that's alright. I'll get my revenge. I just won't like Joni Mitchell. So there.
All in all, it was a very satisfying Saturday night.
5 comments:
Dude. I always fall asleep during the movie when there is beer, remember? My alcohol tolerance is comparable to that of a four year-old's. Loan it to me, and I will watch it during the day when there is not beer. Because I *was* interested.
--Andrew
So...about my comment. I was hoping to be funny and charming, but I, apparently, came off as a huge asshole. So I'm sorry. VERY sorry. Your Saturday night, however, crushed my Friday night AND Saturday night.
Even though Friday was great, I had to spend last night eating Subway and watching JFK with my roommate from south GA (such a hick) when I had planned on getting a nice bottle of wine and some good cheese, and watching Transamerica. Life, it seems, was punishing me for my comment.
I love carnivals, but I so rarely get the chance to go to them. Cotton candy? It's been *years* since I've had it. Anyway, I promise to be nice if you post one of W's stories. By the way, what's your favorite movie?
My favorite movie? Oh, it's so good. You will probably be especially appreciative: the music is fantastic. It's called "All About Lily Chou-Chou"
Dudette, what happened to the eMail you were going to send me with pictures of the carnival? <<<>>> Tap <<<>>> Tap <<<>>> Tap
Enjoyed a lot! Fiesta casino call center software brio handbags Adderall cardiomyopathy
Post a Comment