My Brightest Diamond - Feelin' Good (Nina Simone) live in SF
This is the central issue in my life: the inability to just LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE. But anyway, here she is--My Brightest Diamond singing "Feeling Good." This song is just too fantastic to leave to chance and the commitment of others to my musical preferences. Ya'll need to hear this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
so i totally kept this song on repeat all afternoon. maybe i might have to get one of her cds....
WORD. Whomever buys it first has to share. She's classically trained in opera, which somehow makes perfect sense. I love her. And Nina Simone's songs kick ass. (Although, and I feel bad about this, I always prefer it when someone with a better voice covers them...like when Jimi Hendrix sang Dylan, you know? It's a beautiful thing.)
Is fine.
LOL, Ma.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/lolcats-funny-picture-lalalalala.jpg
Yeah, ok. So I finally got the headphones to the lab with me. This song is tops, man. Tops.
I kind of want to find the original version, even if Nina Simone's voice isn't as good.
Thanks for sharing, man. By the way...is My Brightest Diamond American? Because for a second there she kind of sounded Russian to me. I dunno.
--Andrew
Updizzle, my nizzle?
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmilyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
hey! wassup? it's good to hear from you! i was worried you were pissed at me or something, pulling an andrew to avoid confrontation. (hi andrew!) such relief! so don't worry about explaining: just say hi and all's good.
i still have those dvds. mail me your address and they will be yours. otherwise, i'll have to use them as ransom or something. maybe for the second season? if you have it?
i hear you about political scienced sucking inexplicably... i'm taking one now and somehow it is my worst grade, which is very sad. but you can do it! or we'll just bitch about it to each other, i don't know.
so yea! give me a call whenever and i will talk to you then.
I just bought Lily Allen's CD, and it's INCREDIBLE. Damn I love her so much. You're such a trendsetter. ;) Come home for X-Mas?
Post a Comment