Well, Anyway
So much for that whole "try out the other job" thing. I woke up this morning and thought JESUS WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!? Putting on scrubs (they're never really clean...) and missing class to go to a fucking job orientation? I ALREADY HAVE A DAMN JOB.
Damnable job. Whatever.
Anyway, I totally didn't go. I guess I'll just be sticking with The Evil Where I Already Know How To Find Shit, thank you very much.
Also, I am totally signing up for a practice GRE. Do I need to be able to add? Should I attempt to swallow a calculator or something? Do the numbers go higher than 10 or multiples of 7? Because I don't really do multiples of 7. It's just not my thing.
And, AND! I have another life plan! Screw the life plan of old, I say, and all hail NEW LIFE PLAN! I'm going to finish my bachelors (duh), then apply to nursing schools next year. If I don't get in/while I'm waiting to hear, I'll become a phlebotomist! Now that's a career too cool even for spellcheck! It pays better than CNA work, it's pretty cool, and it's only a couple terms at PCC! And then, you know, I can work as a phlebotomist & keep taking classes until they finally relent and let me into nursing school in Oregon or Washington! BECAUSE THEY WON'T HAVE A CHOICE! I'll already know how to do all the important stuff, like chart and poke people with needles! And in the meantime, while I wait for OHSU to accept the inevitable (really UW, because if we're talking about inevitabilities we should always aim high) I won't be grinding all my vertebra to dust working as a waitress/janitor/untouchable!
HaHA, Life! Take that!
And today I have cookies! Yesterday there were awesome cottage pastries in Long Beach (or someplace Washington-y and beach-y like that)! Things are l-l-looking up!
Extended sugar high. Don't mind me.
5 comments:
So they say that the math on the GRE isn't any different than the math on the SAT, except that I didn't do very well on the SAT math and that was four years ago.
Thankfully, most of the schools I'm thinking of applying to don't require the GRE. So I could possibly still get in if I fail.
Don't worry so much about a life plan. Life is a tentative thing anyway. I think it's better to make a list of things that you really really want (e.g. go to Poland, steal a baby, cut off your foot) and then figure out the best way to get there. Remember that you don't *have* to do anything you don't want to do. Dangerous thinking, but it's pretty much all I have to go on right now.
Also, a phlebotomist would be cool. You'd probably grow to be the type to tell obviously nervous people that they have to pull out their own needle. That shit cracks me up.
Don't cut off your foot, though. No matter how hard I try, voluntary amputation kinda freaks me out.
WORD, dude. I'm with you on that amputation thing. =) And I totally envy your ease with life. Having a plan makes me feel better...and I am not bothered in the slightest by the changing of the plan every 20 seconds. It's a highly variable plan. I'm working it. =P
And you know, speaking of...I think I might skip the phlebotomy business. Apparently it's something you learn as a medical assistant (which is a whole other associates degree), and not many places hire just phlebotomists. Which is too bad. It's got to be the best job title ever. It sounds so...ancient Rome. Leeches. Something.
so i totally had to look up 'phlebotomist'. the entry there was 'a specialist in phlebotomy', but once i figured out what it meant, it was pretty awesome. definitely to put on your resume.
i thought the gre math was harder...it's really just more abstract, so it that's what floats your mathboat, awesome. i need numbers to do math. a + b/c to the r is not math! it's just a complicated way of thinking. :)
i make a plan too! but i never change my plan. the plan is final. and then i stick to the plan like molasses until, in a fit of wild frenzy, i do things like transfer to gsu, change my major, and begin smoking cloves. i am so cool.
Ach. What you have gotten all carts-before-horses in this is trying to make plans before settling upon The Objective (as in, 'goal').
If a person doesn't know what The O is, one can make plans to cut off the feet of the all the babies one steals in Poland or to transplant one's feet onto the ankles of babies who have had theirs blown off in land-mind accidents or in number of other permutations of ridiculous combinations of 'Things to do on Tuesday'-type plans, but, because there is no O for which these plans are a means, [other than providing one with an alternating current of security-insecurity as the inevitable flurry of possible options present themselves for incorporation into The Plan of Today For The Day After Tomorrow) until one is left looking for a brown paper bag in which to hyperventilate], as opposed to actually ending up where one wants to be, that is, at The O.
Thinking about The O, though, is unsettling.
The O isn't a place, it isn't a job, it isn't a career, it isn't being married or single or cohabiting or having a car or a baby or a laptop or a tattoo or a diamond tiara on ones head.
And since it isn't any particular path, place or ownership of any collection of objects or relationships, it is possible although difficult, to attain The O before, during and after executing whatever Plan is on the chalkboard.
I would even say that it is a necessary condition, (possibly even a (gasp!) sufficient condition for the execution of any plan to be successful.
So what is The Objective?
What is left when all of what one is attached to is gone? Absent friends, family, pets, position, etc.? What would you have when nothing was left?
A writer?
Post a Comment