What Am I Doing Right Now?
Why, I'm studying for my upcoming chemistry exam. On the internet. While looking at blogs. I have heard this referred to as "multi-tasking."
Clearly, it is a sham.
I just got back from a "pink party" at my Aunt Brenda's house, to celebrate my Aunt Judy's breast cancer remission (now several years past). Normally Aunt Judy goes for some kind of marathon jog to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation, but this year they had a party instead. Since I have been home, it has become apparent to me that the uber-christian conservative family of my middle and high-school years has changed, perhaps reverting back to an earlier, more fun-loving younger version of themselves.
Case in point: today we played a game of "slide the roll of toilet paper onto the handle of the plunger." It was a relay race. One person held the toilet paper between their legs, and the other person got the plunger. Then you had to mate. Highly suggestive hilarity ensued.
My Aunt Beth and I actually did pretty well, but in order to get my plunger into her toilet paper hole I had to do a lot of hip-jiggling, and unfortunately I suspect that my family has this on camera. And they are all on facebook. How I managed to avoid major facebook sexual humilation until I was out of college and an old married lady, only to be outed by my aunts, is one of life's greatest mysteries.
Ya'll, my AUNT BRENDA was faux-humping across her backyard this afternoon, and my AUNT JUDY was telling her to lay off the viagra. OMG. Everybody toasted to "saving the boobies." My cousin Jordan and I compared notes about running from the cops at frat parties and hoochie-roommate indiscretions.
These are both not the people that I got to know as a young adult, and TOTALLY the people that I grew up with.
It's kind of awesome actually. I love my family!
1 comments:
It's really cool that your family has loosened up a little. Oddly enough, my Aunt Judy has too, although not to the extent of yours. But she does have a blog--who let the old people on the internet?
I totally support your "multi-tasking" because it is one of my favorite activities. I used to consider it a mandatory resting period...like if you put too much information in at one time things would clog up. But I sometimes I rested more than I studied. I'm certainly resting more than I'm painting, but I'm still playing the swine flu card on that one. Anyway I hope you kick ass on that test.
Post a Comment