Moving On, Moving Up

The new job is going swimmingly! I buy, I sell! Yesterday I had my very own cash drawer! At the end of the day they balance all the drawers, and mine came out exactly $20 short. GASP. I felt sure that they were going to fire me. It's a funny thing...once you've been fired, your whole perspective on life changes. Failure is no longer a purely theoretical concept. I think that if I get fired again I may never recover. The pain would be too great.

Anyway, it turned out that I had just added wrong. ON THE CALCULATOR. Which is awesome, because I checked the number twice before handing it over to my manager. Everybody that I work with (all pretty cool people, by the way) were standing around when Manager Tod pointed at my sheet of paper and shook his head. They all had a good laugh. I am popular at my workplace!

They think that I'm funny, and maybe not so bright.

AWESOME.

School has been a bit of a problem this week, because I have to drive in and find parking downtown if I want to get to work on time. But things are going pretty well overall. I mean, I haven't failed to turn anything in yet. Which is kind of a record for me.

Also, I think that I should mention that I am using the computer at W's mom's house right now. Ours has completely died, it no longer switches on at all. W's dad has offered to send us his old computer (he is upgrading to a faster machine) and I think that will work out. In the meantime we are using my laptop (the one the the rats stole the key from). We have no internet, because the comcast stuff isn't installed on the laptop anymore, since I had to replace the hardrive. I am planning to call comcast tomorrow (Andrew, remind me), but ya'll know how I operate, and frankly I'm not sure that this whole lack-of-internet thing will get resolved this week. What I'm getting at is that you guys shouldn't get mad at me if I don't comment and email like I used to--it's hard. Not that I was ever all that great, I know. But bear with me.

Anyway, I love you all, and I hope things are going well. Thai food sounds good for dinner on Friday. W really likes Indian, so if you guys would maybe prefer that, no problem. It's too bad that casa veija is out, but I'm sure we'll find something fun. Perhaps we should try out some more unusual fare? NOT ETHIOPIAN, I beg of you. Who knows of a good Thai/Indian/whatever's-good restaurant around town?

OH OH OH! And W's friend S works at a seedy storage facility downtown that auctions off storage units once a month, when people don't pay their rent. They auction the units with everything in them, and S says that she may be able to sneak me in and let me dig around in a few of the ones going up for sale. This inside information would make it possible for me to bid only on the units that have good stuff in them, stuff that I can later resell on Ebay, etc. (possibly at my work, if the stuff is electronic).

My career as an Ebay-Tycoon is finally taking shape!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Indian sounds excellent. I like all food from that Asia-ish area, but Indian food is my favorite. Are we talking the ATL for dinner? If so, let me ask my mom; she knows the Indian places in the ATL damn well. I'm up all night, so I'll try to call you/you try to call me.

-Andrew the is-really-excited-about-having-paratha-and-raita-and-vindaloo-and-tandoori-something-er

Andrew Mills said...

Yeah. Indian sounds good to me, too.

Believe it or not, there are a couple of excellent Indian restaurants in Athens. And that's a little closer to your mom than Atlanta. We could have AFraz or The Shirey check them out, and see if they're open that Friday.

Or there's that Indian/Chinese restaurant off Pleasant Hill that you and me and Ashley ate at pretty much every night when you came home from Boulder for Christmas Break. Remember that place? With the Veggie Coins?
It was so good.

--Andrew