A New Post Just To Say...

...that I fucking HATE with a BURNING FIREY PASSION the first person dog descriptions. SEPRA told me to write one up for Isabel, so I whipped out some of my OHS magic and presented them with a clear, concise, balanced description of the dog, written in a thorough but cheerful style. I was quite pleased with it, and emailed it to my contact as instructed.

When my profile of Isabel appeared on the website, someone had tacked on to the top "Hi, my name is Isabel! I am an owner surrender, and am now looking for my loving forever home! I am so excited to meet my new family! Here is what my foster family has to say about me." (Insert awesome OHS-style, non-lame description that I'd emailed them here).

So yes, apparently the rule is that dog descriptions must be written "see spot run" style, in the first-person. Because you can't trust a profile of an animal unless that animal explicitly endorses it herself.

*headdesk*

Some people really seem to insist on being irritating. Even when you give them an out, when you pass it to them on a silver platter, the whole exchange doesn't seem complete to them until they've injected some of their own personal LAME into it. I think that pretending that the little homeless pug is talking to you is creepy, but hey, I'm not very positive on the whole rescue pug thing right now* anyway.

*I am so totally going to do it again after Isabel. I know, I'm an idiot. Just don't tell W, he'll murder me.

5 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

It sounds kind of like gambling, you know? Will you luck out and get and get another Lucy? Or will you lose everything and get another Mojo?

So I can see where the addiction thing comes in...

Anyway, I hope things aren't too stressful down in G-ville.

Wish Isabella the best for me!

Tell Ken I say happy BDay!

The Wayward E said...

OMG?! Is it Ken's birthday?!

Andrew Mills said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_war_dance

Check it. Don't ask me why I was searching for Weasels on Wikipedia.

And the rest of you need to get in here and start commenting. This isn't the Andrew and Emily Show; it's the All Us Classy Fuckers Show.

Erin? Ashley? Fraz-a-ma-taz? McDaniel Matriarch? Jump in here. Surely you have well-reasoned opinions about first-person dog descriptions and Emily forgetting her stepfather's birthday. LET'S GET SOME VIBRANT FUCKING DISCOURSE GOING ALREADY.

The Wayward E said...

Umm...I actually excluded McDaniel. She wants to read, but she has not yet been updated on the body art situation. Ahem. Everyone else is lame. =P

The Wayward E said...

Probably also busy.