Approaching Critical Mass
I have 3 exams on Monday. Sociology of Women. Sociology of Women and Mental Illness. ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. Oh yeah, it's that bad. And hey, guess what? I'm way behind on my readings! Yay!
In other crappy news, there's been a big issue at work. Some woman's family (?) is raising hell about her treatment at the facility and since I was working on the section with her room this week, I got snapped at by the administration guy about how I needed to get in there and give her a bed bath RIGHT NOW, I needed to get in there and DO SOMETHING with this crazy obnoxious old motherfucker RIGHT GODDAMN NOW. Because her psycho family friend/relative was supposedly taking pictures at the facility and was planning to report us to the state.
Which is like, oh COME ON. Really, you're going to report us to the state investigators? Great. Did you happen to notice the glowing review that our facility received in the Oregonian last month?
(Hint: for those of you who don't read the Oregonian, this is sarcasm)
(HintHint: this report ought to have given these wackos a clue)
This is a nursing home, it isn't the goddamn Hilton. And even if it was the Hilton, I sincerely doubt that the customer service would magically appear the very instant that you turned on your call light. I have 10-15 other customers on any given night, and they all need to have their asses wiped too. So don't put on your fucking call light the second that you feel a panicked OH MY GOD I AM FREAKING OUT!!! urgency to urinate. Because in the 1-10 minutes (depending on whether or not I am doing something with another patient in another room and therefore physically unable to see your call light) you're going to piss yourself. And then the million fucked up relatives that are calling your crazy impulsive ass all hours of the day and night are going to have an absolute hissy fit.
And everything is going to be MY FAULT. Your relatives will go threaten AdministrationDude, and he'll say "that's unacceptable! Let me go take care of that problem right now!" And then he'll come by and sternly instruct me to GO DO SOMETHING IN THAT ROOM NOW. Which, let me tell you. It helps.
*whew*
Alright, thanks, I needed to vent. Often, my job is not that bad. Occasionally (and this is nearly always when I am forced to interact with the Crazy-Demanding-Paranoid Patient Family + AdministrationDude Unit of Ultimate Evil) it is absolutely horrible. And the very worst part about it is that in the position I currently occupy in this hierarchy, I have no authority over anyone and no means to defend myself from accusations/rude behavior/unreasonable demands/judgmental bullshit.
This job has taken my general hatred of people and raised it to new and astounding heights. Thanks, underpaid caregiving work. Thanks for that.
Aside from school demands reaching a fever pitch and the irritating patient situation at work (which I sincerely hope will be cleared up before I go back next week), things here are fine. I filled out my application to GA State, but it looks like they're going to deny my residency so I'll have to petition. Which sucks, but oh well. I am confident that the fact that the other two states I've lived in refuse to claim me as a resident means that lucky GA will have to just MAN UP, BITCH.
Ashley! Ashley is coming! Really soon! I've been reviewing the Restaurants We Want To Try List, and we have many options. The Beauregard will be washed in anticipation of your arrival. I cannot, unfortunately, promise the same for my house.
Oh also Ashley dear, I'm sorry if I was kind of rude when you called me the other day. I'd finally gotten to take my lunch break and was surrounded by CNA students (they look so hopeful and excited...it freaks me out). Also, I was still steamed about the nonsense I vented above. So I'm sorry, I totally cut you off. When you get here, you can beat me if you want. Of just make me feel really guilty by being your super-awesome self. =) Can't wait to see you!
5 comments:
DUDE. You should have looked him straight in the eye and been like "If you are, as your tone indicates, dissatisfied with my job performance, then it's best that I leave now." And then just keep looking him in the eye while you wait for his response. All you've got to lose, after all, is a really shitty (pun!) job.
I like that song. The guy in the video is cute. And I want that fucking rasberry cake.
We still on for Pok Pok and porn this weekend, or do you need to focus on your reading? Either way, let me know.
Pok Pok on Saturday afternoon! Otherwise, I think that I'm stuck in the house. Next weekend, though, porn is SO ON. What time should I pick you up on Saturday?
you should totally wait an extra weekend, you guys! although i'd probably make it totally awkward, right? i do that. :)
no, you weren't rude. you just sounded super busy. i had boy news, which is now kind of whatever news, and andrew has already told you? anyway, it's not a huge thing to not talk because soon there will loads of talking. talking at all hours! without racking up minutes! it will be awesome.
good luck on your exams. i've got 3 this week too. of course, i only get yelled at at work for letting people use their own boxes. IT IS OKAY TO SHIP IN YOUR OWN BOXES. SHUT UP MISS BOSS LADY.
i kind of want to see that write-up, though.
So I'm probably going to stay here for grad school, which means I won't be leaving Georgia until at least May of 2011. Which means that if I cannot make it out to Portland before you move because, let's face it, I kind of suck as a friend, I'll have three whole years to make it up to you when you're in my state. Which means that I may not even do that. Ashley's in Atlanta, and Erin's down the street. Dude, I suck as a friend. But I love you. And when are you moving for sure? I'm getting a tax return or whatever that might help me get out to Portland. Let me know.
And UGH about your job! I don't know how you deal with it. Psycho family friends and relatives are the worst, especially when they think the infirm they argue for sat in their beds peeing while you just stood there and watched them smoking a cigarette. Whatever psycho family friends and relatives. Oh, fuck Administration Dude, too.
...while you just stood there and watched them while you smoked a cigarette. Needed to make that clear. 'Cause it'd be crazy if one of those oxygen-dependent infirm blew up. I mean, what would the psycho family friends and relatives say?
Post a Comment