For Interested Parties
W and I are moving to Gainesville in August. Officially. The only possible delay to that plan could be brought about by a teachers' union strike at PSU lasting longer than 1 quarter. Which I suppose is, considering how well negotiations have been going lately, absolutely possible.
If the PSU teachers strike then I will be working full-time and saving up money for the move until they're back. At which point I shall complete my 17 credits, take my degree, and head for GA to enroll at GA State University. After that I have a year's worth of prerequisites to take while I am applying to nursing school.
If I can't get into nursing school within a reasonable amount of time, we're moving back to Portland. I can work a menial caregiving job in The Rainy City, thanks. I don't need any of your crazy GA water disputes.
Depending on the nursing program I'm accepted into, W and I will live in Gainesville for 3-5 years at the maximum. Then we're moving back to our current neighborhood in SE Portland with whatever degrees/items/family we may have earned/accumulated/created by that time. Hopefully we'll be able to buy a house reasonably close to where we live now, but barring that we know that we can rent. And we love it here. Oregon is our home.
So that's the deal. Frizzle, you'll have 3-5 years to make up for your lamentable failure to visit Andrew and I in Portland. Make it count, buddy.
Today Andrew and I went to Pok Pok, which was amazing. Ashley, you don't have to worry about getting the chance to go. My hunger for fish-sauce wings shall never be sated. Also, the Tamarind Whiskey Sour w/ super delicious Italian cherry (dude, what the hell was that thing called again?! I want some) is officially my second favorite drink. Right after a Strawberry Rousse.
Oh yes. Strawberry Rousses. I am prepared to make them for you Ashley, if you think that you can handle that much awesome.
1 comments:
so i bought a suitcase today and came home and put lfn in it!
i feel like i need to do something to *earn* a strawberry rousse.
Post a Comment