Your Opinions Please

Hey, what do you guys think about this whole "don't stay together the night before the wedding" thing? I know that really we shouldn't have to be told this, that it should be obvious, but I must admit that my judgment may be clouded by all that LIVING IN SIN we've been up to for the past 2 years.

I, for one, do not want to be without him on the eve of Our Great Performance.

But I understand that anticipation is part of the experience. Even faked "this is going to be our first time having sex wa-HOO" anticipation.

W's family is all set for him to stay with them on Friday night. The thing is, I KNOW that I won't be able to sleep. Unless I'm heavily drugged, this is going to be an all-nighter. Since I've been on vacation from work and school I've been staying up all night anyway. I am biologically a bat. Or something. Anyway, I'm pretty resigned to the whole no-sleep thing. And at least if he were there I would have my favorite person to talk to...because I know that my mother is NOT going to want to talk to me at 3am on the eve of Her Great Culinary Achievement. And Andrew will probably be asleep. And everyone else is gainfully employed, blah blah blah.

Should I sacrifice? I know. I should. I will wish that he were there and that will make the next day's festivities all the more significant. And I think that he wants to do it that way. I shall ask him again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should sacrifice and let me stay up AAAAAALLLL night with you. Yes? Good.

Erin said...

It's ultimately up to you guys, but rest assured you wouldn't be alone. I'm still in college--I'm really good at staying up all night. And I'm local. No worries.

The Wayward E said...

AHA! Problem solved. Thanks you guys. SLEEPOVER!!!

Merrrrde said...

And you reeeeeeeally think I'll be able to sleep?

Hmpf.

Andrew Mills said...

So your apartment isn't nearly so much fun without you guys in it.

I mean, it was great for the first couple of hours, but now it's just lonely. Brown and lonely.

The cat misses you, too. The ferret seems indifferent. It just wants to crap in hard to reach places.

See you soon!

--Andrew