"Expiate Perusal!"
"Expiate perusals to an allowance of 30 min." I suppose this means, in Laundromat Computer Language, that I should limit myself to 30 minutes. This gives me time to tell you guys about my new favorite thing.
That's right, you guessed it. Sarah Palin!
Why is Sarah Palin my new favorite thing? Well, to begin with, she has foreign policy experience. I had never realized it before, but she actually shares this expertise with all Alaskans, as their state is bordered by 2 foreign nations. For those of you still blissfully unaware, Russia can actually be seen from some island near Alaska. It is "right over there." Apparently, unbeknownst to the rest of us, Alaskans have been doing their patriotic duty and maintaining our freedoms for a long time. They're up there, freezing their asses off, keeping a watchful eye on Russia. We owe them our gratitude.
Secondly, she comes from a church even more exciting than The Rock Christian Fellowship. There are videos of her at her church, being prayed over by an African cleric (a self-professed "witch hunter") with admonitions to "stomp the heads of our enemies" and "make our nation a righteous nation" thrown out into the crowd. These people sound like fun. I believe that there is much that we could learn from them.
Of course, there is also the business with her pregnant teenage daughter (give them a break ya'll, it's Alaska) and the fact that the republicans don't actually want her to talk to the press...ever. If you're wondering why, or perhaps even falling for the ol' sexism schtick, direct yourself to her most recent interview with Katie Couric. It hurts, ooo it hurts. From laughing!
I'm telling you, Sarah Palin is the best thing that has happened to this election since Hillary wept. I'm actually entertained now. Before, when it was all just going down the toilet with no comic relief, I was starting to feel positively anti-American. This shitstorm we're in needed a jester, and thank you jesus, here she is at last. I am significantly cheered, I tell you.
Now, on with the news. Beauregaard is doing fine! His liver enzymes responded to the denamarin and fluids, and were much improved the last time we checked them. Although I no longer expect to have a Beaure with me for another 8 years, I'm at least not worried about the next few anymore.
Neutrino has grown into an absolutely beautiful cat with a very entertaining personality. I've taken to calling him Janice after Janice Dickenson, the world's first supermodel and uber-bitch. I can totally imagine Neutrino making fun of retarded people on national television (referring of course to The Surreal Life bowling challenge, where Janice forever secured her legacy as a self-absorbed Nazi in lipstick). He talks a lot of trash, too. You've got to watch out for him. He's a supermodel.
Edgar continues to eat constantly. He's getting quite wide. Lenore ignores everyone, until she is suddenly in the mood to knock over vases full of flowers.
Frank, our foster kitten, finished his course of antibiotics and then got sick again, so he's currently sniffling on our bed and trying to fend off Neutrino/Janice. I'm taking him in to work on Friday so that he can see the vet.
We're moving in November, which means that we have to turn in our notice to the apartment in...5 days?
Holy shit.
My Dad and Aunt Judy have been making major renovations to the house in Gainesville, which we cannot wait to see. Hardwood floors, ya'll. A new master bathroon! Dad summarily overruled our paint choices (too blue?), so I am expecting a lot of tasteful earth tones to greet us upon our arrival.
Ochre, I'll bet any amount of money. That man loves ochre.
I am excited about seeing my family and GA friends, but I'm really going to miss some of the people I've met in Portland. Lately I've been hanging out with a friend from work and I wish that I could teleport her there a few times a month, so that we could go karaoke and drink PBR. Do they even have PBR in GA? I guess we'll find out. Speaking of work, I don't recommend it. I've switched from cats to dogs, so now my coworkers are MUCH easier to get along with and laid-back. The switch has dramatically improved my quality of life, I tell you. There's nothing quite like being trapped in a tiny office for 9 hours a day, surrounding by backstabbing bitches and a bunch of very pissed-off cats.
It can get you down.
But, but! Kennels is wonderful, and I like everyone there (with one miniscule exception). Hopefully my next month will go smoothly, and then we'll be on our way. I'm missing Portland already, but I know that if I can get into nursing school it will all have been worth it.
Tomorrow we're going out for W's mom's birthday, and then to 80's night to celebrate my friend from work's new apartment. I'm trying to decide if I should wear full 80's regalia for both events, or...not. What say you, peeps?
6 comments:
I think it would be quite comical to show up to W's mom's birthday looking like the Breakfast Club. As for PBR, fret not. PBR exists here and is wonderful. 283 is a very chill (albeit townie/hipster) bar that serves PBR in a boot glass. Also the Globe. We shall go to the bars where adults get their drink on. I'm sad so many of your Portland peeps will be left behind. That being said, come soon!
oooh, did you see her interview with charlie gibson? it was just as cringe-worthy! i just... you should know these things! you're running for vp! some day you could be president! do some reading up!
but, on the plus side, she can dress a moose, so.... it all evens out, i guess. :)
and! and did you see that someone hacked into her yahoo account? it's pretty amazing. and not a security risk at all to use yahoo for state business.
also, i am in favor of all 80s, all the time. crimpers!
if you go to the right place, you get a 40 of pbr. who knew they even made those?
If you're going to be living in G-Ville, you might as well just drink Bud Lite. It'll save you a hell of a lot of money, and there'll be no one there to judge you for it.
Did you see the Choke movie yet? What did you think of it?
I was actually going to send you some Vicodins with the La Femme Nikita stuff, but I got really paranoid about FedEx searching the package. Which is extremely unlikely, and probably wouldn't even matter because I have a valid prescription for them from my drug dealer dentist.
On the other hand, FedEx is my employer, and I'd really rather not have something like that getting back to my boss, you know? Not that it would, and not that he'd probably even care, but you never know.
Anyway, if you find yourself in need of some pain relief (physical or otherwise) before you return home, gimme a ring.
I am going to miss you guys. And the demonic sea cow. When I look back at my most significant Oregon experiences to date, almost all of them take place on top of shit-brown carpet. It is going to be weird with y'all in a different state; I associate this one so much with you.
Hope the kennels are still going ok. Are you going to do CNA stuff in GA? Or find another job? Or just focus on the pre-nursing stuff? Is me asking this stressing you out? Yeah. I'll stop now.
--Andrew
Boxes of books (no clothes?) accumulate along the western wall.
Trucker frets constantly about the hazards of pulling trailers and engines overheating. Asks repeatedly if I have discussed same. Asks if I have explained why you don't use AC while pulling trailer. Point out that unless Wayward and W are planning to go through Brownsville Texas on their way to Georgia, not likely they will be using AC; more likely to need snow tires. Just as bad.
Best Friend has 2.5 cm tumor in boob. Not benign. Getting a chunk taken out on Oct 29, then radiation and maybe chemo. Went with her to meet the surgeon and listen to him explain the if-thens. Managed to cover a 4' x 6' white board with green lines and ovals (representing lymph nodes) and a black snarl (representing the evil malignancy) and appreviations like 'SNL' (not for Saturday Night Live, alas, but 'sentinel lymph node'). Seemed so rational for such a collection of terrifying possibilities.
Discovered Western North Carolina is about as blue as a place can get-- Obama-Biden stickers on every car!! However, likely due to plethora of artsy-fartsy types out watching the leaves turn colors.
Miss you. Still holding my breath.
Luv Ma
Oh, and there is a website with all the Sarah & John McSame political cartoons & video clips for months past. Worth a look-see, you betcha!
Post a Comment