Anhedonia Strikes Deep

We are moving to GA. We do not yet have a date, but a few days ago W recieved his acceptance letter from Gainesville State, which was the last piece of paper we were waiting on. He took it to work and his supervisior faxed it to the transfer office. Now it is all in the dusty, boxy hands of UPS. W said that his supervisor made some vague noises about needing a class schedule or something, which would be problematic since the term starts in about a week. And W may have to take the Reagents exam, which would mean that there is a hold on his registration until he is physically able to sit for the test. Which would be totally fucking stupid.

If they ask us for one more random piece of verification nonsense that was never, ever before mentioned, I AM GOING TO KILL SOMEONE.

I SWEAR TO GOD.

But! Paranoia about the haphazzard, half-assed, boxy ways of UPS aside, getting the letter from Gainesville means that everything we knew we needed to do up to this point has finally been accomplished. YAY! We're hoping to move in September. We're crossing our fingers.

Beauregaard is having some kind of liver problems. We took him to the vet to get his teeth done and they sent us home with no dental care (they wouldn't anesthetize him) and 4 different medications. Also, injectable fluids to be given every 12 hours. Which, oh yeah, just as fun as it sounds. This summer has been the worst of my life with regards to pets. It's just one thing after another. And then something else. We'll take him back for more blood work in a week or so, and hopefully his liver enzymes will be back to normal. If they are, then we can get his dental done. If they're not, then it isn't an infection that's causing the problem and we'll have to scrape together the money for an ultrasound. He may have cancer.

Considering my luck thus far this summer, I'm not exactly optimistic.

Whatever happens, he's coming with us to GA. For the moment, he's still eating and generally acting pretty happy (for a Beaure). I just do not want to deal with this right now. I am very tired of sick animals, and I'm basically just tired in general.

Which brings me to my next point. 40 hours a week is just TOO FUCKING MUCH to work. The work week should be 20-30 hours, tops! This is absurd! I'm never home, I feel like I live here. I only drop by my home to stick my dog with needles and sleep. I can't wait until I'm done with nursing school and I can work 3 12-hour shifts, or work 7 days one week and only 2 the next. I'm used to having a flexible schedule (at Holgate I picked my shifts every month), not spending every waking hour doing the same thing. I'm sorry that all I ever do is complain. Ya'll asked for an update.

Ern, are you going to be in GA anytime after this summer? What's next for you? If you're going out of the country, will you please please take me with you?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe. Probably. Hopefully not. Chattanooga is the goal, now, though, so I'd be close. I was up there with Sheena a bit ago and it's a nice place. The city has a good feel to it.

What's up with B's teeth? Also, you should try to get pet insurance if it isn't too late.

Andrew Mills said...

If you need a loan to get the Ultrasound, I've got tax rebate and birthday money that's not being used for anything. Please do not hesitate to ask.

said...

Don't you hate all that verification bullshit? I went through the same thing with my student loans, and it was only because *I* figured out what needed to be done that my funds were disbursed to me. Fucking education system.

Poor Beauregaard. :( Is he doing better this week? Liver enzymes back to normal? I can't wait to see you guys. Move soon.

oneifbyland said...

so i have some kitten pictures on my camera from that one time. there are some pretty cute ones! i'll get them to you.

hope work is getting better!

also, i'm going to miss you guys when you move. don't take it the wrong way when i say i'm kind of secretly hoping there are more hoops. :)

Merrrrde said...

Promises, promises.