Oh No! There's A Negro In My Wife!
Seductive constructs...they're a bitch. Also, remind me to NEVER, EVER get involved in a research paper again. I do not have the patience for this, and also I lack motivation. And not enough time! If I had time, and was pursuing a phD in sociology, I feel certain that I could accomplish greatness. Why in god's name do I have to attempt this in 2 months in an undergraduate course?
Ashley's visit went spectacularly well. I miss her already and she's sitting right here. I saw her packing her suitcase--I know what's coming. Tomorrow, no more Ashley. Lack of Ashley leads to extreme sadness and increased sinking of nectarines. Also, she hasn't typed out her poem yet.
NOTE TO ASHLEY:
Where the deuce is that poem I was promised? I still want to send you my story! Call me when you get home. I'm going to start sending you promising rents in Portland. If you don't move out here now then you officially have to move in with W and I in Gainesville. Just so you know.
With the 30 page research paper due next week and Ashley in town, I told my work that I wouldn't be able to pick up any shifts again until the last week in March. They've called me 6 times since Monday. The calls all start the same: they say "E, I'm desperate. Can you do evenings tonight?" And I'm like, ummm so sorry but no. Because, remember, I told you that one of my best friends was visiting from far away? And I have a 30 page research paper due? Remember, like, in February? And it's my birthday on Monday? And the staffing person is all like, oh. Yeah.
And I feel horrible. Because, you see, they're desperate. Apparently (and shame on them for never telling me this) I'm the only on-call CNA they have.
Whoops.
Oh, also. Happy birthday to me! I'm turning 22 on Monday. Ashley, W, and I all went out to Urban Fondue it up last night, which lead to increasingly drunken and awesome conversation at the Night Light (my favorite bar in Portland! Represent!), and then a dramatically sobering 2 hour wait for a cab in the chill out-of-doors. The Night Light bartender and bouncer both came out about 4 times to make sure that we didn't need them to call us another cab and Ashley made insta-friends with two hipsters, one of whom was from Missouri and thought that we were a couple.
I love Portland.
2 comments:
i miss you too! and it's been even less than a day.
and yea, if we had had to wait any longer i think the 'carry ashley back' thing would have had to happen. but it was a pretty great birthday dinner! and we would make the cutest couple, if that whole w thing doesn't work out. :)
i will email you the poem and am still waiting for that story.
good luck on the paper. if you get sad, watch the 'oh no!' video.
Yeah, I was totally thinking that I ought to do that. I mean, I may have it pretty bad right now, but at least there isn't "a Negro in my wife!"
Ah, porn.
Today I watched one where the black male lead made all the white women tell him how much they loved his "big black nigger dick."
W and I were like: whoa. Slow down. What the fuck?
And the porn just went on and on. =)I am so ready to be done with this project I can't stand it.
Post a Comment