The Bridge
To begin: Andrew, you only upset me a little. Nowhere close to how much my mother upset me, or any number of other people I've talked to who don't understand why I'm so set on the nursing thing, and think (quite rightly) that there are hundreds of other avenues for me to explore that don't include basically starting my bachelors all over again. I'm going to take my prerequisites next year, because this is my chosen career. If I apply in a year or two and can't get in anywhere, then I'll go back to PSU and finish my BA. Unless they decide to get rid of my major in the next five years, I'll be fine. After I get my BA I can try applying to accelerated secondary BSN programs. If I still can't get in anywhere, then I'll apply to LPN programs. If I still can't get in, then I'll just take the GRE and try to get myself into a masters program for social work or teaching, or maybe (just maybe) I'll give law school a try. We'll see. But the obvious intent here is to get into some nursing school somewhere. It is incredibly unfortunate that I didn't figure out what I wanted to do when I was 18, but I didn't. So here I am.
And mom, of all people YOU should at least be sympathetic to that.
SO THERE.
Anyway, Andrew, I'm not mad. I am very frustrated at my situation, and I don't think that what you said about your mindset leaving UGA is quite fair. And my neighborhood is totally safer than your neighborhood. The last time I was hanging out there I saw some drug deals going down on that corner by the bus stop, not to mention getting harassed twice by different people each time I've caught the bus there. For serious. I think that your apartment is wonderful, and I don't doubt that there is tons of awesome stuff nearby. You've made a great choice to live there, for you. I wouldn't feel as comfortable there as you do. That is all I meant. Please don't take offense.
Your towel awaits you when you come over on Friday. I'll come pick you up if you want, or, if you don't want to come anymore because you hate me and think I'm an unnecessarily judgmental failure, I'll bring you your towel. Let me know.
Thus, we move on to The Bridge.
2 comments:
Yeah, no, it's totally seedy. That's actually part of what I like about it.
This morning I woke up and found that the building across the street had been grafittied all to hell during the night. And that bus stop is pretty much the Weed Depot.
But so no offense taken.
And the UGA comment wasn't so much unfair as it was ludicrous. The two situations aren't analogous at all. I was just annoyed at you for snapping at me and wanted to say something to annoy you back. Yeah. Sorry. I shouldn't take stuff so personally. You're having a really rough time.
I like your review. How many Vitas do you give it, though? And in what direction are they pointing? I simply must know.
I don't think I want to see that movie, though. I don't think I could see past how sad it made me.
Do you wanna go for ice cream tonight? Or pix? I'm in the (rare) mood for something sweet.
Lemme know.
All my love!
--Andrew
I'm sorry that we can't go out tonight. I only got about three hours of sleep last night, and then we had a skills lab in class that was fairly grueling. Bed skills. I'm afraid of falling behind. But tomorrow night, we shall. And I'll get you your stuff--no more drying off with a T-shirt for you, budday. I'll call you after work, around 6pm?
Post a Comment