Roto-Virus Central

W is sick. He was sicker yesterday, but he's still pretty damn sick today. I stayed home with him, which means that by now I have officially spent 5.3 hours too long in my shitty apartment, and am beginning to lose my mind. The only way I can survive this place is to A) not hang out here very much, or B) clean the fuck up. And since I can't get away right now, I'm cleaning. Or I'm preparing to clean. I'm trying to steel myself for the incredibly frustrating nastiness that is to come. Ugh.

In other news, wedding plans have really taken shape. I've sent out some invitations. W and I have bought tickets to the ATL. It appears, dear friends, that we are actually getting married. Which is both awesome and totally horrifying, just as I knew it would be. Because hey, holy shit! People are coming! People are going to show up at the appointed place, at the appointed time! Expecting to see a WEDDING?! I'm expected to put on a WEDDING?! What in the hell? And they're going to want food, these people. They're going to expect liquor (hell, I'M going to expect some damn liquor), and dancing, and song! What if something goes horribly wrong? What if a wedding is not exactly what happens on April 14th, 2007? What if something else takes place instead?

What the fuck am I talking about, you ask? Well, I have no damn idea. I don't know what's going to happen, that's the point. Supposedly, there will be a wedding. But only time will tell.

So what I'm doing right now is, I'm panicking. Not because I don't want to spend the rest of my life with this man blah blah blah, but because there is a HUGE SOCIAL COMMITMENT looming on the horizon.

PEOPLE ARE GOING TO EXPECT THINGS!!!

You guys know what I'm talking about, right? Ya'll understand. It's hard. There are going to be people, most of them not even my friends. Most of them family (I love them, but they're weird) and my parent's friends (extremely weird). People are beginning to ask me where I'm registered. The truth of the matter is, I'm registered at Target, just like my mother told me I should be. And I'm registered for all kinds of kitchen things (I do like to cook, these things are neat) and housey-type things (linens, etc.). But when I made my registery, I also registered for other, E-specific type things. Weird lamps. A bunch of red appliances (actually, these are more W-specific...he does love his Little Red Kitchen). Etc. And I don't know what other people are going to think of these things. Will they think that I am childish, because nothing matches, or greedy, because there are some expensive things? Should I take everything off and start again? So I really need all this stuff?

And then of course, there's the implication that when you get married you should be stocking your new home, and W and I aren't exactly financially viable right now. Actually, I don't know that we'll ever be homeowners. Which doesn't bother me at all, until I think about THE PEOPLE. The people who EXPECT THINGS.

Can I just ask for a townhouse and a puppy? I'll find the rest of the stuff at Goodwill. Is that allowed? Oh man, that is totally not allowed. Yeesh.

2 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

You're a good wife, Charlie Brown.

--Andrew

Anonymous said...

im glad you're wedding plans are shaping up. if you send me your addy i{d love to send you some wonderful chilean wine.