Trying To Decide
I am, at this very crucial moment, trying to decide whether or not to wear my sweatpants to work today. There are various arguments on either side (namely "yes" and "no"). First of all, today is not a regular workday. I mean, who would wear sweats to do work in a relatively nice, brightly lit retail environment? (The answer: Jeremy, 3pm yesterday. And the day before. And basically every other fucking day.) But, like I said, NOT a regular workday.
Dear friends, today is Cricket day!
What the hell am I talking about?
Cricket sells cellphones in Eugene, Salem, a few other random places, and now Portland. In order to learn the complexities of the Cricket activation procedure, I shall be spending my afternoon (on my day off!) sitting through a lecture at the Cricket Building (funny noises that you can never QUITE locate in the night...). To be perfectly fair, this is paid training. But who wants to be fair.
Anyway, paid training means paid time, right? Which technically means that I'm at work? I mean, does it? Can I wear my sweatpants, or should I aim for a more professional look? (Namely, "jeans worn 8 times since last wash.") Okay, jeans then. But dammit, they won't be clean. I'm still a human being!
That settled, everything here is going well. I just got my grades back for my final paper and exam in sociology. I swear, sometimes it really looks like I study. Tomorrow is the statistics exam I'm totally unprepared for, yippee. You all may not believe this, but when I was typing "yippee" just now, it took me 5 minutes to work out what the hell spellcheck was trying to tell me. And now it appears that I've spelled "spellcheck" wrong as well. Which I will leave, for effect.
3 comments:
jeans that have been worn 8 times since the last wash are the best anyways. whos wants to be clean?
ANYWAYS,
things are decent in Boulder. same old same old really. I am living with two guys from my dorm freshman year, I think you met one of them, Gordon, but I doubt you remember, it was such a long time ago.
I still have that couch!!!!
thanks, I have been trying to put a lot of effort into photography lately.
I do not use photobucket anymore
but here is my Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/markmarkster ... although, I need to upgrade my account.
I like your posts. keep it up.
mark.
It is always fun for me when I check your blog and find a post from a week before that you never told me about. The stories are always clever and different from how you told them to me, how I remember them.
Post a Comment