Tree Trimming Madness

So, I've decided to hell with this flu thing. No more dire birdflu warnings from me. I give the fuck up.

The reason for this is, I think that my flu vaccine just gave me the flu.

I'm all tired and miserable. That's flu, right? And I find myself daydreaming about worm'n'donut sandwiches. There are feathers on my pillow in the mornings. It's inescapable, people. THERE IS NO ESCAPE.

In related news, W, my friend Deb from work, her smalldogcharlie, Andrew, and I trimmed our Christmas tree last night. W calls it "the largest 4 foot tree I've ever seen." Because it's actually 8 feet tall. It was just supposed to be 4 feet tall! I had only promised to get a small tree! HaHA! But it's okay. We weren't really using the livingroom much. Or at least, not that half of it. Those 2/3rds. Yeah, okay, all of it.

More on decorating later.

6 comments:

Erin said...

pictures?

Andrew Mills said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew Mills said...

I left a comment here this morning that was kind of mean, but it didn't occur to me that it was kind of mean until I looked it over just now.

So if you saw that comment, I apologize profusely. I meant it to be snarky, but not outright mean.

I'm sorry you're feeling so shitty. Did you ask your dad about it? I wanna say that it sounds like that day-long flu you get after some vaccinations, but it seems strange that you wouldn't have felt bad on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Call me. Let me know if there are any errands you need run while you're recovering.

--Andrew

Iris wall-mouse said...

I remember it well

Erin said...

That was, actually, the theme of high school. But this guy isn't a high school teacher. He's hard. He knows what to ask. I think though, that in four years we perhaps mastered the art of academic slacking. If you look at it that way, we're pretty damn good.

I guess high school really did prepare us for college. Damn. Who'd have thought.

And Hell will be a blast. You, me, Hitler, OJ. Oprah, too, probably. She's got to be making up for some serious wrongdoings, yeah? There's nice and then there's suspiciously nice.

Erin said...

I'm linked on Ashley's. Was linked on Gobi, but he left. I'm still bummed about that--I keep clicking my bookmark hoping he'll re-appear. ::sigh:: I suppose it was fun while it lasted.

It's weird, the things he and I have in common. Still pissed that he stole my birthday, though. I don't care how old he was--I had that date on reserve. He's lucky I don't make him pick a new one. ;)

But anyone who doesn't trust Oprah, with the exclusion of Tom Cruise, is good on my list. And it's good that he watches her, because someone needs to be keeping an eye on her. She's a tricky one, that O.