Foster Monsters For Visualization

This Is Lucy, The Little Fat One


I Still Really Miss Her


Lucy Licking Her Nose...Pretty Dexterous


This Is Mojo


I Don't Miss Him


And Here We Have Isabel, The New One


Oh Sure, She Looks Cute


Don't Fall For It

Isabel is the bringer of cellphone destruction. Her previous owner trained her to urinate on "pee pee pads" most of the time and go outside occasionally, so now she just isn't housetrained and has a horrifying tendency to piss on cloth. Like, pillows and blankets. She's such a snuggler and she would love to hang out in bed with me, but she's been banned--her most recent transgression involved pissing on my robe (lying on the bed), which I promptly threw in the wash without remembering to remove my cellphone from the pocket. So, if you need to reach me, use W's number. And since we are so, pathetically broke, this one-cellphone situation looks likely to extend indefinitely. Suck. Tonight Isabel is at the vet's office getting spayed. We toast to her excised ladyparts! And also, WHEW! She isn't here for a few hours!

I think, after Isabel is adopted (which should only be a few days...she is seriously adorable, perfectly healthy, and still a puppy) we are going to take a 2 week vacation from fostering. So far we've had 4 dogs (Zoey is not pictured, as she was not photogenic), and it's time for a break.

7 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

Can I just say how wonderful it is to get to look at that Lucy dog every time I log into your blog instead of that vaginal sex dude?

That dog is fucking adorable.

Your friend,
Andrew Mills.

The Wayward E said...

Just as soon as I can get my schoolwork under control I shall be calling you to complain. Mother-in-law visits are hell on an already precarious system of procrastination.

Also, I KNOW RIGHT!? She was the cutest thing ever. You should have heard her snort.

I hope things are well with you, dearest friend Andrew. =)

oneifbyland said...

so..... right now i am watching peta wilson run around in 'malibu shark attack' (it's real, i swear, look it up! and it's just as bad as it sounds!) and drinking bourbon and maybe taking opiates exactly as prescribed.... where are you?!?! y'all need to move back to pdx post haste and bring all the pugs with you. they're cute! that first picture of lucy is ridiculously adorable. :)
ps. also i feel better now that you're not screening my calls. :)

The Wayward E said...

When was I screening your calls? I NEVER SCREEN YOUR CALLS.

GAH!!!!

Ashley, don't you know that I adore you? Why do you torture me like this?

Andrew Mills said...

Hey, not to alarm you or anything, but IT APPEARS THAT YOUR SISTER HAS A FACEBOOK PROFILE. And I am about 2 more swigs of beer away from becomming her Facebook friend. She probably has topless cell phone pics posted, God help us all.

Also, Ken just put up some pictures of you from high school which are adorable. And he's commenting on my wall, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Andrew Mills said...

It occurs to me that I have described both the dog and your high school self as "adorable." Please understand that I mean this in entirely different ways.

Andrew Mills said...

1. My understanding of Fair Tax (and this is from my libretarian grandparents; they never mention this in tax class) is that it's basically just a straight-up sales tax, so that really rich people who never buy anything because they inherited everything get a lower effective tax rate. ...which they alread do, but this way it won't involve so much thinking and planning to get it. In short, they're trying cutting out the middle man, which us prospective tax planners do not find amusing in the LEAST.
I'm sure there's a book about this somewhere. I think Neil Boortz may have co-authored it, actually. I'm sure his prose will be just as subtle and poetic as his on-air rhetoric.

2. Brooks and Dunn split up to pursue solo careers. It's not such a big deal, but they were the background music of my childhood. And they'd been together since I was born, pretty much. So it's a little sad.

3. I find the best thing to do in classes like American Government where people are encouraged to share their opinion is to disengage. Show up to class with some paper to doodle and make grocery lists on. Leave early. Do the reading, write the papers, make an A without really trying. (Lord knows they're not going to go that far in depth if you've got people spouting off their tacky thoughts for half the lecture time.) That way, you're storing your intellectual energy for when the hard-core nursing classes come.

4. How many more classes do you have to take before you can start applying to schools? Are you still thinking about doing the LPN thing?