Possibly One of The Greatest Movies Ever

I just watched the film Doubt, with Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Intense. There should definitely be Oscars awarded for this one. I recommend that you all watch it. I'm going to see if I can't force my father (the newly redeemed catholic) to watch it again with me...I don't know how he'll interpret its content, but there are multiple ways of looking at how it all turns out.

3 comments:

Andrew Mills said...

I kept meaning to watch that while it was still in theaters, but either there'd be something I wanted to see more, or I'd decide I wasn't really in a movie mood that night. I also wasn't sure so sure it was as awesome as everybody was making it out to be. But you seem pretty convinced, so I'm adding it to the Netflix as we speak.

As long as we're sharing: Torch Song Trilogy. One of the funniest (and saddest) movies involving drag queens I have ever seen.

P.S. It looks like there are gonna be some deals between PDX and ATL this summer. Look into it when you're done with microbio. I'll even help pay for the ticket.

Andrew Mills said...

I very much like the new theme as well. It is called, and I'm not kidding you right now, "Vermillion Christmas." That's the first time I've read the word vermillion in a good 4 or 5 years.

I like it on the one hand for being ridiculous, and on the other hand for making me think of Christmas.

P.S. Were you drinking when you wrote that comment? Because I'm sure as hell drinking as I write this one.

L said...

i watched it while very sleep-deprived and it even more intense than it would have been, i think. heh.