Lucky Fuckin' Me
One of the two places that I've applied to has finally called back. And because my FUCKING CELL PHONE doesn't ring inside my apartment, I missed the call. And when I called back, hey, ANSWERING MACHINE.
I am the tiniest bit frustrated here.
On the upside, hey, cool. Apparently I exist. My application for employment was not just being used as toilet paper (or a wound dressing...) for the last week. I was starting to despair a little.
Tomorrow I'm going to call bright and early, hopefully I'll set up an interview. Then I can have the pleasure of telling them that, no, I don't want to work the night/weekend shifts that I had indicated on my application, and hey, also, I'll being going out of town for 10 days in a week. Yeah, that part where I indicated that I was available to start ASAP? That was complete crap.
Kthxbai.
Suffice it to say, I don't hold out too much hope for getting this job. I want to work 2 days a week, three tops, and I want those two days to be Tues. and Thurs. I'm only available for evening shifts. You see where this is going. I would certainly like to get a job at this facility (after all, I trained there), but I'm not so sure how appealing my limited availability and vacationing are going to be to them. And the only way to make myself more flexible would be to drop classes or grossly overextend myself. If I drop classes I won't graduate on time, and if I overextend...ah, the thought is too terrible. I must make and A in anatomy. If I don't make an A in anatomy and get into nursing school, I may spend waaaaayy more time working as a CNA than I planned. Like...FOREVER.
*crashing cacophony of doom*
But hey, who knows, right? Maybe they'll need someone with limited availability to fill in twice a week for evening shifts? Or something? Wish me luck you guys. It's really okay either way, I intended to start sending my resume around to a number of places and looking for a job in earnest when I got back from GA. Now I guess we'll see.
7 comments:
::glomps::
Did they hire you? And have you started classes yet? I forget when you start. Good luck in anatomy, regardless. And Lily Allen is amazing! I loved that video. :)
Also, I just went on Wikipedia to find out more about Lily Allen, and she was voted Worst Dressed at the 2007 NME (New Musical something) Awards (a British award)! Unless it was a joke, I can't believe it. I totally agree with you about her style. Every bit of it is so incredible. The Brits don't know what they're talking about.
all i know abouy lily allen's style is what i saw on go fugy yourself... but i like her sundresses! charming!
wait, so they voted her worst dressed over amy winehouse?
Poor Amy. She's such a bloody mess. According to the papers, very recently she and that creepy drug-addict husband of hers were both (literally) extremely bloody messes. He's like Pete Dougherty, except not as cute. *sigh*
My interviews are tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Yep, worst dressed over Amy Whinehouse. Wikipedia was talking about the artists Lily's talked shit about, and it said that Lily just let loose on Amy and all her shit. Crazy. Good luck tomorrow! I wanna hear about them. :)
someday, amy winehouse and kate moss are going to go drinking and just rag on the messes they are with. they will probably end up drunk and possibly tattooed, although not head-shaven.
also, you guys commented on mine! you really do like me!
Post a Comment